The ONTACT platform consists of two components – a Learning Management System (LMS) and a Live Virtual Classroom for student interaction. The platform enables the programme delivery to a virtual cohort with a timed, phased release of content.
The ThinkTac LMS is a full featured Learning Management System with a simple, intuitive interface. It provides access to all the content, together with a platform that encourages and facilitates interaction between students and the educators. The primary features of the ThinkTac LMS are listed below:
- Content covering the TACtivity guides and videos providing activity instructions as well as Topic guides connecting the activity to the theory. The LMS also provides links to curated resources for each topic.
- Progress Update requiring children to upload photos / videos of their work for review and feedback from Educators
- Educator Interaction allowing students to clarify their doubts and discuss with the Educator
- Games for selected topics designed to understand difficult topics and reinforce the learning
Supplementing the LMS, ThinkTac offers live interaction sessions with Educators and other students in the cohort on a Live Virtual Classroom environment. The platform is similar to a video conference, and is designed to clarify doubts and encourage students to explore further. The session is conducted for groups of 8-10 students and a recorded video of the session is made available to learners who missed a session.
The Learning Process
The Learning process consists of:
- TACtivity Session – The learner carries out the TACtivity using the TACtivity Guide provided with the materials after reviewing the associated detailed TACtivity guide and videos accessible on the LMS
- Observations – The learner carries out observations required and updates the form on the LMS
- Media Sharing – The learner takes photos and video(s) of the TACtivity and any variations they have created and uploads this on the LMS
- Interaction – A live interaction is organised with the learners after completion of 4-5 TACtivities. The focus of the interaction session is to handhold the learners on further exploration.
An Educator is assigned to each cohort of 15-25 learners. The Educator will schedule the availability of learning components and monitor the progress of students on a weekly basis. The progress monitoring happens based on the TACtivity observations and photographs / videos submitted by the student. Facilitation occurs by email, telephone and the live Virtual Classroom sessions. Based on the progress of the learner, the Educator may assign additional assignments and provide guidance and resources for further exploration to students. The Educator may contact the parent if there is a need for support from them.